Be a part of the team creating the future in magnetic memory technology.
At Everspin, our values are more than just nice words. Our values are something we live by every day. Everyone in the company is empowered to call out anyone behaving in a manner that is inconsistent with our values…and why not…every employee at Everspin had input into determining what our values are.
In 2017 we formed the E4E team or Everspin for Excellence team from organizations across the company. Over the period of several months, the E4E team members held focus groups with every internal organization in the company to find out exactly what our people valued, and what they thought our values as an organization should be to drive the company forward.
Out of well over 3000 words and phrases from those focus groups, we spent weeks compressing those data into a group of values. We tested the values internally until we got them right.
Everspin’s Core Values:
Working at Everspin is challenging, that’s for sure. We’re in production with products that others only talk about. We’re the leader in what we do because we’re the best at what we do and our values insure we continually strive for excellence at Everspin.
If you love what you do, if you want to make a difference, if you have the heart of a lion and the curiosity of a ferret, your next career move could be to Everspin. And, who knows, it may be your last career move!
Everspin Technologies is searching for exceptional candidates to fill the position of Applications Engineer.
As an Applications Engineer in Austin, TX, or Chandler, AZ, you will work closely with the design, sales and marketing teams to support customers and develop applications for Everspin’s high-speed, nonvolatile ST-MRAM products. This is a highly visible role both internally and externally.
- Support and maintain Verilog behavioral models of Everspin devices and systems
- Develop and review customer level documentation including user guides, technical product training, and application notes
- Provide feature / device feedback to marketing and design based on the field / customer experiences
- Support Sales/Marketing with the performance benchmarking of various ST-MRAM systems through simulation or experiment design and execution
- Provide direct customer support when needed through Sales / Field Applications
- Create compelling demonstrations of Everspin’s ST-MRAM technology
Education and Experience
A BSEE, or related degree in physics, computer science, etc., is required although a Masters degree is preferred
Product Development Engineer
Everspin Technologies is searching for exceptional candidates to fill an engineer position in Advanced MRAM development.
Scope of Responsibility/Expectations
Work closely with other team members on a coordinated effort in Advanced MRAM development. Perform standard product development engineering activities for our DDR3 and DDR4 ST- MRAM products including design verification and characterization, yield improvement, sample generation, and root cause failure analysis. Work collaboratively to understand and correlate the properties of magnetic materials, device design and device processing to product performance. Coordinate work related to multiple projects. Analyze data, document and present results. Good communication skills and strong team work is required.
- Knowledge of standard product engineering duties including design verification and characterization, technology validation, yield improvement, sample generation, and root cause failure analysis
- Knowledge of high speed testing and characterization with emphasis on memory testing specifically DDR3 and DDR4 products
- Knowledge of a new product introduction process
- Experience performing product engineering activities
- Demonstrated ability to bring new products to market
- Demonstrated ability to find root cause factors impacting product performance
- Experience with standard memory functionality and operation/product characterization (specifically DDR3/4)
- Strong statistical analysis
- Demonstrated track record of working independently but also the ability to interface with Design, R&D and Manufacturing groups
- Characterization and analysis techniques for magnetoelectronic memory devices is a plus
Education and Experience
M.S. degree or equivalent (B.S. degree and specific experience) in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or a closely related field is required. Professional experience related to DDR3 and DDR4 memories is very desirable. A track record of high productivity and demonstrated expertise is expected in the relevant areas.
Product and Yield Engineer (Two openings)
- As a DDR3/DDR4 Product/Yield Engineer you will work closely with design, process, system and test engineering teams to Investigate and resolve yield loss mechanisms, including design verification and characterization, yield improvement, sample generation, and root cause failure analysis.
- Work collaboratively to understand and correlate the properties of magnetic materials, device design and device processing to product performance
- Drive yield improvements and cost reductions across all products.
- Perform data analysis and data mining, drawing on multiple data sources, to set yield improvement strategies.
- Responsibilities include support current products and NPI, manage schedules and deliverables, validate, debug and characterize new MRAM products.
- Developing production and characterization test specifications, creating and managing product documentation, support package and product qualification.
- Providing product development support which involves interfacing with design, test, quality and reliability, and process engineering.
- Work with process engineering in developing more robust manufacturing processes and methods including implementation of APC and FDC.
- Understand and apply industry best practices to all aspects of processing, metrology and DFM
- Work closely with other team members on a coordinated effort in Advanced MRAM development.
- Minimum 4+ years in semiconductor/process/electrical/memory product engineering experience with Statistical Data Processing, DOEs, problem solving methodologies, demonstrated decision making skills, cost reduction, and yield enhancement.
- Strong understanding of the fab process and familiarity with the functions of the fab tools.
- Experience working in a fab is desired but not required.
- Solid background in standalone memory IC testing of volatile and non-volatile memory; familiar with parametric testing and reporting. Familiarity and experience with DDR3/DDR4 DRAM, NAND or NOR Flash memory is a plus.
- Familiar with Wafer Probe, burn-in, package test and JEDEC/MIL/Automotive standards.
- Experienced with Advantest (ATE) memory test platforms (HSM/5593/93K/83K).
- Working knowledge/experience with foundries, subcontractors (assembly and test), fab processes and effect on test and yields.
- Understanding PCB design for developing ATE load boards and specifications, package development knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools like JMP and Yield Improvement software (Exensio/Rudolph Genesis/ACE XP) is a plus.
- Strong programming/scripting skills(PERL, Python, C++) desired.
Etch R&D Engineer for Spin-Torque MRAM Development
Everspin Technologies is searching for a candidate to fill a position in Spin-transfer Torque MRAM development.
Scope of Responsibility/Expectations
Work closely with other team members on a coordinated effort in spin-torque MRAM development. Develop methods and work collaboratively to develop the etch processes for MRAM devices and interconnect processes. Collaborate with engineers and scientists from multiple disciplines to design experiments. Conceive and champion innovations for improved STT-MRAM etch. Coordinate and prioritize work of self and others in the same area, supervise and mentor technicians and junior engineers. Work with external partners at off-site locations. Analyze data to reach conclusions about characteristics of MRAM etch, devices, and MRAM arrays. Good communication skills and strong team work are required.
- Strong background in magnetics
- Experience with data analysis using software such as JMP
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct a research project
- Experience in reactive and ion beam etch and process development
- Strong background in designing experiments (DoE)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to both work independently and in a team environment
- MRAM experience / etch is a plus.
- Experience with yield management system / analysis is a plus
Education and Experience
Ph.D. in Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry or Electrical Engineering, with etch R&D experience, or equivalent education and experience, is required. A track record of innovation and leading-edge expertise is expected in the relevant areas, as demonstrated by publications in technical journals and patents issued/published.