Be a part of the team creating the future in magnetic memory technology.
Do you thrive on getting things done? Do you enjoy pushing the edge? If so, Everspin might be the next great step in your career…it might even be the last STOP in your career.
Although headquartered in Chandler, AZ, activities also involve R&D, Reliability, Packaging, Product and Test Engineering, as well as Process Engineering and various other Technical and Administrative functions. The Austin, TX facility is primarily dedicated to design and related activities as well as some Marketing and Sales functions. We are proud to offer two such high quality of life locations for our people to work in.
We are always interested in the Best of the Best so even if you don’t see something here that might be a good match, please get in touch with us anyway.
DDR3/DDR4 Product and Yield Engineer
Senior Member of Technical Staff - (Multiple Openings)
- As a DDR3/DDR4 Product/Yield Engineer you will work closely with design, process, system and test engineering teams to Investigate and resolve yield loss mechanisms, including design verification and characterization, yield improvement, sample generation, and root cause failure analysis.
- Work collaboratively to understand and correlate the properties of magnetic materials, device design and device processing to product performance
- Drive yield improvements and cost reductions across all products.
- Perform data analysis and data mining, drawing on multiple data sources, to set yield improvement strategies.
- Responsibilities include support current products and NPI, manage schedules and deliverables, validate, debug and characterize new MRAM products.
- Developing production and characterization test specifications, creating and managing product documentation, support package and product qualification.
- Providing product development support which involves interfacing with design, test, quality and reliability, and process engineering.
- Work with process engineering in developing more robust manufacturing processes and methods including implementation of APC and FDC.
- Understand and apply industry best practices to all aspects of processing, metrology and DFM
- Work closely with other team members on a coordinated effort in Advanced MRAM development.
- Minimum 4+ years in semiconductor/process/electrical/memory product engineering experience with Statistical Data Processing, DOEs, problem solving methodologies, demonstrated decision making skills, cost reduction, and yield enhancement.
- Strong understanding of the fab process and familiarity with the functions of the fab tools.
- Experience working in a fab is desired but not required.
- Solid background in standalone memory IC testing of volatile and non-volatile memory; familiar with parametric testing and reporting. Familiarity and experience with DDR3/DDR4 DRAM, NAND or NOR Flash memory is a plus.
- Familiar with Wafer Probe, burn-in, package test and JEDEC/MIL/Automotive standards.
- Experienced with Advantest(ATE) memory test platforms(HSM/5593/93K/83K).
- Working knowledge/experience with foundries, subcons(assembly and test), fab processes and effect on test and yields.
- Understanding PCB design for developing ATE loadboards and specifications, package development knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis tools like JMP and Yield Improvement software (Exensio/Rudolph Genesis/ACE XP) is a plus.
- Strong programming/scripting skills(PERL, Python, C++) desired.
Circuit Design Engineers – multiple openings
We are looking for a solid technical expert to work closely and possibly lead a small focused design team with responsibility for complex circuit STT-MRAM blocks. Must have a solid background in circuit theory, and transistor level simulation. Background in designing address buffers, control logic, sense amps, write drivers, I/O buffers, etc. would be valuable in this position.
More importantly we are looking for team players that understand when it’s time to turn on the afterburners. You will have the opportunity to directly influence other team members through your enthusiasm and passion for doing quality, complex work in an advanced technology.
BS /MS in Electrical Engineering required, Memory design experience very helpful.
Night Shift Wafer Fab Technicians
We have 3 openings for experienced Wafer Fab Technicians in our Chandler fab responsible for monitoring, supporting and coordinating process related issues in the fab while working in partnership with another production team member and area process/equipment engineers. You will develop, maintain and monitor protocols, Special Work Requests (SWRs) and data summaries of process related information as well as quickly relay process problems to the engineers in order to resolve and/or optimize the manufacturing process. You will also be required to assist with process tests; create and modify process recipes; disposition lots; and improve product quality (yield) through systematic problem solving with the help of engineers. You will monitor, analyze and address SPC issues for area processes on a daily basis and assist with SPC out of control issues. You are required to keep the Lead Engineer updated on area issues and support additional engineering functions as needed.
Associates Degree preferred.
Quality / Reliability Engineer
Everspin Technologies, the world leader in Magnetoresistive Random Access Memory (MRAM), has expanded its business in recent year. We are looking for a Quality/Reliability Engineer to help support our portfolio of world-class TMR MRAM products in high-volume production as well as development and customers. The open position is at the Everspin Technologies headquarters located in Chandler, Arizona.
• Develop, implement and maintain the company products quality and reliability monitoring strategy.
• Responsible for managing and maintaining the reliability monitoring program for all memory products
• Improve and maintain products reliability standard with solid understanding of MRAM devices, characterization, performance of the products, materials and process
• Perform product failure analysis to locate root cause to corrective action implementation and publish reports to internal/external customers.
• Support and enhance existing production product reliability at wafer and package level.
• Support next generation MRAM product reliability goal and evaluation methodology.
• Support New Product Development teams with reliability assessments/planning and evaluation of reliability risk in the release of new technology and products.
• Manage reliability hardware and services procurement to ensure timely qualifications and oversee reliability operations.
- Engage closely with end to end process, with product integration, design and development engineering to define process and device performance capabilities and targets.
- Ensure successful effective transfer and sustaining of new technologies to manufacturing that include characterization, process development and qualification.
- Introduce and promote DFx.
- Align reliability performance to manufacturing process controls.
- Work closely with manufacturing to resolve process problems
- Use statistical tools to track and analyze trending data, perform calculations, and communicate reliability performance.
- Maintain the corporate reliability database and publish internal reliability reports.
- Assist Sales, Marketing, Product and Quality engineers in planning customer specific qualifications, and responding to reliability based requests
- Support wide range of customer base from industrial to automotive. Thorough understanding of automotive requirements.
• MS preferred in the Physical Sciences (Solid State Physics, Material Sciences, Microelectronics, Chemistry), Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• 5-10 years’ experience and exposure in semiconductor (fabrication and assembly) manufacturing and/or development; experience with MRAM technologies would
• NPI with End to end design/development exposure
• Reliability test modeling, development, Horizon technical planning/preparation
Magnetic Materials Development Engineer
Everspin Technologies is searching for a candidate to fill a position in Spin-Torque MRAM development.
Work closely with other team members on a coordinated effort in spin-torque MRAM development. Develop methods and work collaboratively to understand the properties of magnetic tunnel junction materials. Collaborate with engineers and scientists from multiple disciplines to design experiments for new magnetoresistive devices. Conceive and champion innovations for improved ST-MRAM materials and devices. Coordinate and prioritize work of self and others in the same area, supervise and mentor technicians and junior engineers. Work with external partners at off-site locations. Analyze data to reach conclusions about characteristics of magnetic materials, devices, and MRAM arrays.
- Good communication skills and strong team work are required.
- Strong background in magnetic tunnel junction (MTJ) materials and devices
- Extensive experience with magnetic characterization techniques of thin films and patterned electrical devices
- Experienced in data analysis of electrical and magnetic properties of MTJs
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct a research project
- Strong communication skills and the ability to both work independently and in a team environment
- Extensive industrial experience in magnetic thin-film deposition equipment (PVD) and operation, maintenance and characterization.
- Strong background in designing MTJ stacks for multiple applications
- Ph.D. in Physics, Materials Science, or Electrical Engineering, with at least ten years of post-graduate magnetic materials R&D experience, or equivalent education and experience, is required. A track record of innovation and leading-edge expertise is expected in the relevant areas, as demonstrated by publications in technical journals and patents issued/published.
Memory Designer for DDR Interface and Control Block Circuitry
Discipline: MRAM Circuit Design, Location: Austin, TX
Senior RTL Developer
Discipline: MRAM System Design, Location: Austin, TX