Why Replace a Battery-Backed SRAM with MRAM?
Because an MRAM is a fast Read/Write memory that is inherently non-volatile - without requiring any additional components.
BBSRAM (Battery-Backed SRAM)
BBSRAM or Battery-Backed SRAM is an SRAM memory that is backed up with a lithium battery to maintain the power supply voltage on the memory and preserve data in the event of an unintentional power failure.
- Not RoHS compliant. Battery disposal is a concern.
- Significant system space and BOM cost.
Magnetoresistive RAM (MRAM)
MRAM is inherently non-volatile, with unlimited endurance for stored data, even when power is lost.
- SRAM compatible. Equal or better Read/Write cycle times.
- Unlimited Read and Write Endurance.
- Data non-volatile for greater than 20 years.
- RoHS compliant.
- Commercial, Industrial, Automotive temperature options.
Find an Everspin MRAM Replacement for your BBSRAM application.
Everspin MRAM is available in x8, x16, Serial SPI, and Quad Serial SPI interface configurations. Click on the Product Family below for more detail.